This ride is considered a shorter ride because it is about 2 hours in duration not counting stops along the way and is approximately 42 miles (68 km) in length.
From your assumed starting point at Pass-A-Grille Beach:
· Head north on Gulfway to 21st Ave and turn right
· At Pass-A-Grille Way turn left heading north
· At Don Cesar Resort (the large, pink Spanish style resort on the left) turn right onto Pinellas Bayway which becomes State Road 682
· Follow SR682 as it curves around and merge onto Interstate 275 north. This will allow you to avoid numerous traffic lights and stop signs.
· From I 275 north merge onto I 175 which will very shortly put you onto 5th Ave heading east
· Continue straight ahead across 1st St. SE then curve around the Dali Museum onto Bayshore Dr SE heading north.
· At 5th Ave NE turn right then left alongside Vinoy Park.
· Turn left at 7th Ave NE
· Turn right on North Shore Dr NE and cruise beside parks along the shore of Tampa Bay. This route takes you past time worn waterfront homes of yesteryear in St. Pete’s “Historic Old Northeast”
· North Shore Dr NE curves around onto Coffee Pot Blvd NE. Follow it along the shore as it turns onto 30th Ave NE
· At 4th Street N / US92 turn right and as your scenic motorcycle tour rolls along it will take you past restaurants, bars and even a few pawn shops
· Take the ramp to the right for Gandy Blvd N / US92 and cross the great expanse of Tampa Bay into the City of Tampa, your destination
· At S Dale Mabry US92 turns left heading north toward the junction of US92 and State Road 60
· As you near SR60 watch for Shells Seafood Restaurant on the right. The crab is luscious and at Happy Hour the drinks are cheap
We hope you have a great Florida motorcycle ride. It’s also an enjoyable tour after dark under the lights. And bugs are not a problem. Please remember, if you drink, know your limit and stick to it. Thanks for visiting MotorcyclingFlorida. For road construction and traffic info check www.FL511.com. For map click here. For things to do in St Pete Beach go here. For things to do in Tampa go here.