This ride is considered a shorter ride because it is approximately 2 hours in duration not including stops along the way and is approximately 60 miles (100 km) in length.
From your starting point at Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park, 11 Magnolia Ave:
· Ride south on Magnolia Ave to Myrtle Ave and turn right
· Follow Myrtle to State Road A1A / San Marco Ave and turn left
· Riding south on A1A turn left onto Bridge of Lions crossing the Matanzas River
· Continue heading south on SRA1A / Anastasia Blvd
· Anastasia becomes N Ocean Shore Blvd / A1A as you ride through Palm Coast
· Cruise south on A1A / N Ocean Shore Blvd through Flagler Beach
· At 1848 S Ocean Shore Blvd, Flagler Beach the Oceanside Beach Bar and Grill has a good reputation, open 7am to 9pm
· Proceed south on SR A1A through N Peninsula State Park and on through Ormond Beach
· At 37 N Atlantic, Daytona Beach you can end your tour at Hog Heaven Bar B-Q, featuring southern grub, draft beer and wine, open 11am to 10pm
Note: this route is a slow cruise along the beaches between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. If you desire a somewhat faster yet still scenic ride try US1 to Daytona Beach.
· From Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park, 11 Magnolia Ave
· Ride south on Magnolia to Myrtle Ave and turn right
· Turn left onto San Marco Ave / SR A1A
· Turn right onto Old Mission Ave
· Turn left onto N Ponce de Leon Blvd / US1
· Proceed south on US1 / Dixie Highway through Bunnell, Korona, Favorita, National Gardens, to Ormond Beach
· At 1068 US1, Ormond Beach is the Iron Horse Saloon, a biker bar with live music open 10am – 2am
· Continue south on US1 to State Road 430 and turn left to cross the Halifax River
· Turn right at SR A1A / N Atlantic Ave
· End your ride at Hog Heaven Bar B-Q, 37 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach
Starting and ending points on all rides are suggestions only. You are free to go to and from wherever you like. Whatever ride you choose we hope you have a great scenic tour. Please remember, if you drink, know your limit and stick to it. For traffic and construction info visit www.fl511.com. Thanks for visiting Motorcycling Florida. For map click here. For things to do in St Augustine go here. For things to do at Daytona Beach go here.