This motorcycle ride is considered a shorter ride because it is about 2.5 hours in duration not including stops along the way and is approximately 90 miles (145 km) in length. Pensacola Beach is located in Florida’s Panhandle on the Gulf of Mexico near the Alabama State Line. It’s a relaxing and enjoyable ride along Florida’s stunning Emerald Coast.
From your starting point at “The Dock”, a lively beach bar with onsite parking at 4 Casino Beach Boardwalk, Pensacola Beach:
· Turn right onto State Road 399 / Via De Luna Drive and cruise along the shore to Navarre Beach
· Turn left onto Navarre Beach Causeway / SR399
· Take the ramp to the right onto Navarre Parkway / US98
· Follow US98 east through Wynnehaven Beach, Florosa, Mary Esther, and Fort Walton Beach
· Continue east on US98 and at Destin turn right onto Matthew Blvd
· Follow Matthew Blvd to Scenic Highway 98 and turn left
· Scenic Hwy 98 becomes Scenic Gulf Drive still heading east
· At 2237 Scenic Gulf Drive in Destin you find Pompano Joe’s serving Gulf seafood with Caribbean flavors
· Continue east on Scenic Gulf Drive
· Take the ramp to the right to get back onto US98 eastbound
· At Panama City Beach take the ramp to the right for State Road 30
· Follow SR30 / Front Beach Road to Dusty’s Oyster Bar at 16450 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach to end your tour
· Among other things Dusty’s features oysters, buffalo wings and happy hour drinks
· Want a different view of the Emerald Coast? Panhandle Helicopter at 15726 Front Beach Road offers breathtaking sightseeing tours
We hope you enjoy this self-guided motorcycle tour of the Emerald Coast. Self-guided means starting and ending points are merely suggestions. You can choose your own starts and stops whenever and wherever you find something interesting to explore.
Please remember, if you drink, know your limit and stick to it. For traffic and construction info visit www.fl511.com. And thanks for visiting Motorcycling Florida. For map click here. For things to do in Pensacola Beach go here. For things to do in Panama City Beach go here.