This ride is a short tour along the Atlantic Coastline to the historic city of St Augustine. It is approximately 29 miles (47 km) in length and should take just under an hour or riding time not including stops along the way.
From your starting point at the intersection of 3rd Ave S and 3rd St. S / State Road A1A
· Head south on 3rd St S / SRA1A
· Shortly you will pass East Coast Worldwide Tattoo and Piercing at 420 3rd St S, Jacksonville Beach whose claim is that they are the cleanest tattoo shop in all the State of Florida
· Continue south on 3rd St S / SRA1A Scenic and Historic Coastal Byway
· Cruise through Ponte Vedra Beach on Ponte Vedra Blvd / A1A
· At 4100 Coastal Highway / A1A you find The Reef, a seafood restaurant with ocean views and happy hour 3 to 7pm, and open 11:30am to 10pm
· Continuing south on SRA1A in Vilano Beach A1A turns right and crosses Vilano Causeway
· Next take a left at Magnolia Ave
· At 11 Magnolia Ave you can visit Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park, the oldest attraction in Florida and the original site of the oldest city in the US. It’s located in St. Augustine’s Historic District, where there is much to see and do
· Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum is located at 19 San Marco Ave. Here you can board a Ghost Train and experience the paranormal inside two haunted sites. Or ride one of the Red Trains for a tour of the city to explore historic sites, restaurants, shopping and attractions
· Potters Wax Museum, 31 Orange St features likenesses of famous celebrities, professional athletes and political figures
· You can encounter many other renowned landmarks in St. Augustine’s Historic District. Make any of these the end of your motorcycle tour or go a little farther south on Coastal Highway / A1A to Charlotte St and turn right. At 36 Charlotte St is Stogies Jazz Club and Cigar Bar with craft beers and an extensive wine list.
We hope you find this motorcycle ride to be memorable. Starting and ending points are merely suggestions. You may go wherever you like. Please remember, if you drink, know your limit and stick to it. For more information on what to see and do in St. Augustine check out www.visitstaugustine.com. Thanks for visiting Motorcycling Florida. For traffic info go to www.fl511.com. For map click here. For things to do in St Augustine go here. For things to do in Jacksonville Beach go here.